Associate Business Development Manager
Antibody Analytics is an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. Our mission is to provide our drug development partners with data of outstanding quality which gives them confidence to expedite new healthcare solutions to market.
Job role: Associate Business Development Manager
Location: Office (BioCity, Scotland) and home based
Salary: Starting at £28,125 per annum plus benefits to include:
- 32 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays)
- Pension Contribution
- Audible subscription
This is a newly created position to join our growing company to become a member of our small but focused Commercial team. You will be reporting to the Head of Knowledge Transfer with key remit of identifying and growing new sales opportunities while being the primary point of contact for new or existing customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generating, curating and managing new business opportunities and customer relationships, with tenacity and skill, to build the Company’s opportunity pipeline
- Influencing the company sales strategy, identify leads in line with this strategy and craft routes into target companies
- Creating and confidently delivering meaningful sales and marketing material, such as presentations, that aligns the Company’s capabilities with target account’s needs and industry trends to engage potential customers.
- Creating and maintaining records within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for customer contacts, proposal/contract generation and customer specific information
- Facilitating purposeful discussions by leading customer calls, creating a relaxed environment for open, engaging and productive conversations
- Identifying impactful sales metrics providing feedback to support process improvements
- Cultivating internal relationships to facilitate a network of technical, commercial and operational backing to maximise opportunity potential and delivery
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- BSc (2:1 or above) in a relevant undergraduate life science degree
- Minimum of 3 years commercial/sales experience with a track record of identifying new sales opportunities
- Previous experience in technical/scientific role in biotechnology or a life science company would be advantageous, specifically in drug development or within a contract research organisation (or similar)
- A good understanding of the drug development industry and therapeutic trends preferably where these are within the realms of Immuno-oncology, Antibody development, Cell and Gene therapy or similar.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel, in particular)
Having the right behaviours and a ‘can-do’ attitude for the role is important, so we are looking for someone who is:
- An ability to apply technical and scientific background to the identification and stratification of potential leads and development of customer accounts.
- A clear and confident communicator, with the ability to effectively converse and negotiate with contacts and colleagues of a wide diversity whilst displaying a high level of emotional intelligence and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Meticulous record keeping and writing ability, with a high attention to detail.
- Proven time management, planning and organising skills with the capability to manage their own workload and prioritise multiple ongoing responsibilities.
- A self-starter, a self-motivator and a rapid learner who has strong interpersonal skills and a positive and confident outlook.
- A team player who is supportive of others, is flexible and adaptable.
And Champions our core values by demonstrating:
Customer service – through self, communicating with each other and always collaborating to deliver the best experience for our customers
Continual Improvement – through resilience, experimenting, trying new things, learning from our mistakes and improving on everything that we do.
Employee Development – having enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, collaborate and support each other at all times as it helps each one of us develop, learn and grow with the business.
Productivity – striving for accountability, responsibility and ownership of duties to achieve more with less effort.