Scientific Support Operative
This is an entry level and key role within the team reporting to the Senior Scientific Support Manager where you will support the scientific team in the smooth, effective running and productivity of our laboratories by performing key technical duties which support Study Scientists and Study Managers– don’t worry, full training will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Offering support to Scientist colleagues to aid effective and efficient organisation of all aspects of a research laboratory including some aspects of assay performance.
- Providing prepared growth media and laboratory reagents, including protein purification methodologies.
- Performing cell line culture and manufacturing of cell banks which underpin our bioassay development practices.
- Providing knowledge, support and ideas to aid continuous improvement to our cell culture practices and everything that we do
- Contributing to the creation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrating an exception level of integrity and honesty through accurate record of activities, in line with company documentation procedures.
- Adhering to health and safety policies to minimise risk in the workplace including preparation of COSHH and risk assessments, including correct handling and disposal of biological waste.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- No specific or formal qualifications are defined as full training will be provided.
- Having an aptitude for mathematics and science (Higher Grade B standard or equivalent, for guidance), in particular biotechnology, is a bonus as it will support your learning and development with us.
- Previous laboratory technician experience (preparation of reagents, cell culture or protein purification) would be advantageous
Having the right behaviours and a ‘can-do’ attitude for the role is important, so we are looking for someone who is:
- A self-starting, rapid learner with solid organisation skills and a strong attention to detail
- Capable of organising their own time and workload effectively
- Committed, flexible, adaptable and a team player
- Able to carry out the work required with a high degree of integrity
And Champions our core values by demonstrating:
- Customer service – through self, communicating with each other and always collaborating to deliver the best experience for our customers
- Continual Improvement – through resilience, experimenting, trying new things, learning from our mistakes and improving on everything that we do.
- Employee Development – having enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, collaborate and support each other at all times as it helps each one of us develop, learn and grow with the business.
- Productivity – striving for accountability, responsibility and ownership of duties to achieve more with less effort.
Laboratory-based role in our facilities located at BioCity Scotland Bo’Ness Road Chapelhall, ML1 5UH
Starting at £17,445 per annum plus benefits to include:
• 32 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays)
• Pension Contribution
• Audible subscription