Senior Study Manager – Immunology
Are you a passionate immunologist with experience developing and running translational assays?
Do you relish the unexpected, can you think on your feet and enjoy seeing a challenging project through to completion?
If so, we want to hear from you! Antibody Analytics is a young, innovative and dynamic contract research organisation with big ambitions. We are a company run by scientists and are recruiting in our core operations team to further our immunology services capabilities.
We are seeking an experienced immunologist with a proven track record of independently leading and delivering scientific projects as evidenced by significant conceptual and/or technical advances in industry or academia, publications, and mentorship of trainees. Applicants must have a deep scientific and technical understanding of immunology techniques, coupled with excellent communication and organisational skill that will allow the provision of outstanding services to our clients. The Senior Study Manager will be a part of the operations team and will report to the COO.
The Role: Antibody Analytics’ approach is to give scientists the freedom to use their knowledge and experience to make the best decisions for the business and our clients.
• Provide scientific knowledge and expertise in immunology and/or cancer biology
• Independently manage a broad range of complex customer studies as required, adhering to the quality management system
• Overall responsibility for technical conduct of studies, data analysis and interpretation, documentation and reporting of results
• Support Study Managers in the execution of customer studies, including study planning, scheduling, preparation and review of documentation, and customer communication as and when required.
• Provide leadership and mentorship to junior member of staff and direct reports, to maintain high standards of morale and culture that assist in the delivery of a quality service
• Engage with customer to establish key relationships and understand long term requirements
• Accurately schedule and forecast customer studies.
• Line manage, support and mentor a team of scientists
• Drive and implement new processes and procedural updates to make the department run smoother.
• Scientific expert in immunology with demonstratable understanding of T cell, myeloid cell or tumour cell biology
• Three to five-years postdoctoral experience or relevant working experience in a biotechnology industry
• Experience in assays employing primary immune cells such as T cell activation, myeloid cell differentiation and activation, immune cell mediated cell killing, phagocytosis assays, Treg suppression assays etc
• Hands-on experience using multi-colour flow cytometry (more than 6 colours) and data analysis.
• Extensive experience in analysis and interpretation of complicated data from biological assays
• Excellent writing and presentation skills demonstrated by manuscripts and conference presentations
• Resilience and ability to work under pressure – ability to troubleshoot and adapt plans at short notice
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational and planning skills.
• Kinetic studies using xCELLigence Real Time Cell Analysis System
• Molecular biology methodologies • Working within a regulated environment
• Good knowledge of the analysis of biopharmaceuticals and application of ICH guidelines.
• PhD in Life Sciences
• Salary: up to £42,125
• Full time permanent position
• Competitive pension package
• Experience of being part of a young and vibrant biotechnology company
Antibody Analytics is based at Biocity Scotland. Antibody Analytics is an Equal Opportunity and Living Wage Employer that has signed up to the Scottish Business (https://scottishbusinesspledge.scot/).