Reporting to the Director of Laboratory Operations, you will perform and demonstrate exceptional scientific, technical and analytical skills which allows the organisation to deliver high quality data to our customers.
This involves working closely with Study Managers and Scientific Support Operatives to gain technical skills in assay performance, experience in the management of projects and customer requirements, training in new methodologies and techniques, and additional responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of laboratory operations. Don’t worry, training will be provided were required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and performance of laboratory-based work to generate data to characterise therapeutic molecules.
- Performing a range of complex scientific methodologies such as flow cytometry, real-time cell analysis, multiplexed bioassays, protein interaction kinetic analysis and many (many) others.
- Providing comprehensive data analysis, encompassing statistical testing, data presentation and communication of results.
- Demonstrating exceptional scientific, technical and analytical skills which allows the organisation to deliver high quality data to our customers.
- Preparing reagents according to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-driven methods to a high standard evidenced by clear and comprehensive completion of associated documentation
- Identifying potential issues associated with laboratory practices and troubleshooting to manage potential risks
- Contributing to the creation and update of laboratory documentation and SOPs
- Promoting and championing the smooth running of a research laboratory.
- Adhering health and safety policies to minimise risk in the workplace including preparation of COSHH and risk assessments. Including correct handling and disposal of biological waste
- Accurately recording of activities, in line with company documentation procedures
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- BSc (2:1 or above) in a relevant undergraduate life science degree OR 2 years’ experience in a technician based role
- Strong capabilities and understanding of Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, in particular)
- MSc/MRes/MPhil in a relevant field and proven experience of data analysis software (e.g. MiniTab, SPSS) would be beneficial
Having the right behaviours and a ‘can-do’ attitude for the role is important, so we are looking for someone who is:
- Problem solving mentality – Active participation in discussions to offer best solutions to issues faced.
- Demonstration of high awareness coupled with exceptional communication skills to identify and share solutions to potential issues.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, with a continual learning mindset.
- A self-starting, rapid learner with solid organisation skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Effective in the management of their time and schedule to actively manage workload.
- Flexible, adaptable with recognised strong interpersonal skills and a proven team performer
- Assured and positive mentality
And Champions our core values by demonstrating:
- Customer service – through self, communicating with each other and always collaborating to deliver the best experience for our customers
- Continual Improvement – through resilience, experimenting, trying new things, learning from our mistakes and improving on everything that we do.
- Employee Development – having enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, collaborate and support each other at all times as it helps each one of us develop, learn and grow with the business.
- Productivity – striving for accountability, responsibility and ownership of duties to achieve more with less effort.
Laboratory-based role in our facilities located at BioCity Scotland Bo’Ness Road Chapelhall, ML1 5UH
Starting at £21,125 per annum plus benefits to include:
• 32 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays)
• Pension Contribution
• Audible subscription